Don’t listen to Harry Reid, President Obama, and the liberal media. If the government shuts down, it is not due to any action taken by the House Republicans. It is because Harry Reid and the Senate Democratic majority refuse to listen to their constituents, the American people. On September 20 the House of Representatives voted to FULLY FUND the GOVERNMENT. Th only thing defunded under this bill is Obamacare because that’s what the majority of Americans want. The House of Representatives DID NOT VOTE TO SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT.
On September 20, 2013 the House of Representatives approved H.J. 59, the short-term continuing resolution that will keep the government running after the end of the fiscal year. The American people do not want the government to shut down The American people also are overwhelmingly NOT IN FAVOR OF THE CURRENT OBAMACARE LAW. The bill passed the House on a vote of 230-189 which means our delegates in the House of Representatives heard our voices and represented their constituents. It’s time for the Senate to do the same. There are many unintended consequences of Obamacare which negatively impact our already flailing economy and actually make healthcare LESS AFFORDABLE. Remember, the United States government is a government run FOR THE PEOPLE BY THE PEOPLE. We must make our voices heard and demand accountability from our legislators in the Senate now. PLEASE CALL YOUR SENATORS TODAY AND EVERYDAY!
“The Senate Cloture Vote is our next hurdle
- Senate Republicans must insist Harry Reid pass the House bill as is, and demand a 60-vote threshold for any effort that would add Obamacare funding back into the House bill.
- Senate Republicans must keep debate open in the Senate until they are given binding assurances that there will be a clean vote on the House Continuing Resolution which funds the entire government except for Obamacare. This means that Republican Senators must vote NO on cloture to end debate until such binding assurances are given.
- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is hoping to fund Obamacare on a partisan vote with 51 votes.
- In order to vote to fund Obamacare, there must first be a cloture vote (a vote to end discussion and proceed with the actual vote). The threshold for the cloture vote is 60 votes. In other words, without Republican support, the motion to proceed and close debate will not pass.
- We want to ensure that there will be a clean vote on the exact Continuing Resolution that passed the House, which funds the entire government and does not fund Obamacare.
- If Republicans hold firm, we will win this fight and Obamacare will not be funded.
Obamacare remains unworkable, unfair, and unpopular
- The most recent ABC News/Washington Post poll shows 9 out of 10 Americans believe Obamacare not ready to implement.
- The Obama Administration has granted more than 1,000 exemptions and waivers to Big Business, Labor Unions, and Congressional employees.
- Obamacare gives the government control over 1/6 of the entire US economy.
- Obamacare is already destroying the 40-hour workweek, as employers are forced to reduce their employees’ hours to avoid Obamacare taxes and penalties.
- Congressional staffers, working in partnership with the Office of Personnel Management and the Obama Administration, devised a special exemption for themselves and for Members of Congress, which is not available to other Americans.
- Obamacare will decimate the economy. Employers are looking for options to reduce their total number of employees and also relocating their plants and operations to China to escape the Obamacare taxes and fees.
Fund the Government; Defund Obamacare.
- The United States House of Representatives voted on September 20th to fully fund the government while not paying for any of Obamacare.
- Obamacare cannot be implemented without funding. Congress controls the purse strings and has the authority to stop funding this disastrous law.
- This plan fully funds the government. Anyone in Washington who says we are trying to shut down the government is being dishonest.
We still have time to defund this terrible law.
- As long as President Obama remains in the White House, there is no viable option to repeal Obamacare. However, we do have a very realistic chance to defund the law. In other words, we can strip out all of the funding for implementing this “train wreck” law.
- The Senate will now take up the House bill. For Americans who are concerned about the impact Obamacare will have on our economy and our health care system, the plan to defund Obamacare is our best and last hope to stop the unfolding disaster.” *
Please read H.J. 59 (it’s short and easy to understand unlike Obamacare) and PLEASE CALL YOUR SENATORS TODAY AND EVERYDAY! Following is a list of senators in alphabetical order by state with party affiliations and office phone numbers. Please call your senators every day during this debate. You will notice the names of Senators from Arkansas, Arizona, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, Nebraska, Hew Hampshire, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Wisconsin and Wyoming are highlighted in bold. These are Republican Senators who HAVE NOT YET DECIDED whether or not to vote to defund Obamacare. It is especially important for these 20 undecided men and women to hear from their constituents. PLEASE CALL TODAY AND EVERYDAY.
AK Mark Begich D (202) 224-3004
AK Lisa Murkowski R (202) 224-6665
AL Jeff Sessions R (202) 224-4124
AL Richard C. Shelby R (202) 224-5744
AR John Boozman R (202) 224-4843
AR Mark L. Pryor D (202) 224-2353
AZ Jeff Flake R (202) 224-4521
AZ John McCain R (202) 224-2235
CA Barbara Boxer D (202) 224-3553
CA Dianne Feinstein D (202) 224-3841
CO Michael F. Bennet D (202) 224-5852
CO Mark Udall D (202) 224-5941
CT Richard Blumenthal D(202) 224-2823
CT Christopher Murphy D (202) 224-4041
DE Thomas R. Carper D (202) 224-2441
DE Christopher Coons D (202) 224-5042
FL Bill Nelson D (202) 224-5274
FL Marco Rubio R (202) 224-3041
GA Saxby Chambliss R (202) 224-3521
GA Johnny Isakson R (202) 224-3643
HI Mazie K. Hirono D (202) 224-6361
HI Brian Schatz D (202) 224-3934
IA Chuck Grassley R (202) 224-3744
IA Tom Harkin D (202) 224-3254
ID Mike Crapo R (202) 224-6142
ID James E. Risch R (202) 224-2752
IL Richard J. DurbinD (202) 224-2152
IL Mark Kirk R (202) 224-2854
IN Daniel Coats R (202) 224-5623
IN Joe Donnelly D (202) 224-4814
KS Jerry Moran R (202) 224-6521
KS Pat Roberts R (202) 224-4774
KY Mitch McConnell R (202) 224-2541
KY Rand Paul R (202) 224-4343
LA Mary L. Landrieu D (202) 224-5824
LA David Vitter R (202) 224-4623
MA Edward Markey D (202) 224-2742
MA Elizabeth Warren D (202) 224-4543
MD Benjamin L. Cardin D (202) 224-4524
MD Barbara A. Mikulski D (202) 224-4654
ME Susan M. Collins R (202) 224-2523
ME Angus S. King I (202) 224-5344
MI Carl Levin D (202) 224-6221
MI Debbie Stabenow D (202) 224-4822
MN Al Franken D (202) 224-5641
MN Amy Klobuchar D (202) 224-3244
MO Roy Blunt R (202) 224-5721
MO Claire McCaskill D (202) 224-6154
MS Thad Cochran R (202) 224-5054
MS Roger F. Wicker R (202) 224-6253
MT Max Baucus D (202) 224-2651
MT Jon Tester D (202) 224-2644
NC Richard Burr R (202) 224-3154
NC Kay R. Hagan D (202) 224-6342
ND Heidi Heitkamp D (202) 224-2043
ND John Hoeven R (202) 224-2551
NE Deb Fischer R (202) 224-6551
NE Mike Johanns R (202) 224-4224
NH Kelly Ayotte R (202) 224-3324
NH Jeanne Shaheen D (202) 224-2841
NJ Jeff Chiesa R (202) 224-3224
NJ Robert Menendez D (202) 224-4744
NM Martin Heinrich D (202) 224-5521
NM Tom Udall D (202) 224-6621
NV Dean Heller R (202) 224-6244
NV Harry Reid D (202) 224-3542
NY Kirsten E. Gillibrand D (202) 224-4451
NY Charles E. Schumer D (202) 224-6542
OH Sherrod Brown D (202) 224-2315
OH Rob Portman R (202) 224-3353
OK Tom Coburn R (202) 224-5754
OK James M. Inhofe R (202) 224-4721
OR Jeff Merkley D (202) 224-3753
OR Ron Wyden D (202) 224-5244
PA Robert P. Casey D (202) 224-6324
PA Patrick J. Toomey R (202) 224-4254
RI Jack Reed D (202) 224-4642
RI Sheldon Whitehouse D(202) 224-2921
SC Lindsey Graham R (202) 224-5972
SC Tim Scott R (202) 224-6121
SD Tim Johnson D (202) 224-5842
SD John Thune R (202) 224-2321
TN Lamar Alexander R (202) 224-4944
TN Bob Corker R (202) 224-3344
TX John Cornyn R (202) 224-2934
TX Ted Cruz R (202) 224-5922
UT Orrin G. Hatch R (202) 224-5251
UT Mike Lee R (202) 224-5444
VA Tim Kaine D (202) 224-4024
VA Mark R. WarnerD (202) 224-2023
VT Patrick J. Leahy D (202) 224-4242
VT Bernard Sanders I (202) 224-5141
WA Maria Cantwell D (202) 224-3441
WA Patty Murray D (202) 224-2621
WI Tammy Baldwin D (202) 224-5653
WI Ron Johnson R (202) 224-5323
WV Joe, Manchin D (202) 224-3954
WV John D. Rockefeller D (202) 224-6472
WY John Barrasso R (202) 224-6441
WY Michael B. Enzi R (202) 224-3424
“Comments and Questions to ask your Senator
When you call your Senator’s office, be sure to say:
As a voter in your state, I recognize the importance of keeping the government funded, and encourage the Senator to do that through this bill. As such I ask that you only vote to end debate when you have binding assurance that the House Continuing Resolution which funds the government and does not fund Obamacare will be have a clean vote. As Sen. Reid tries to amend it, and you deliberate the decision you’ll be making in the Senate, consider these questions:
- Do you want to vote to fund a law that an ABC News/Washington Post poll shows 9 out of 10 Americans believe is not ready to implement?
- Do you want to vote to fund a law that most Americans do not want?
- Do you want to vote to fund a law that exempts Big Business?
- Do you want to vote to fund a law that Big Labor says will shatter its members’ health care and the 40-hour workweek?
- Do you want to vote to fund a law that exempts you and your staff?
- Do you want to vote to fund a law that gives government control over one-sixth of the economy?
- Do you want to vote to fund a law that is killing jobs in your state?
- Do you want to vote to fund a law that is forcing employees in your state to work fewer hours?
- Do you want to vote to fund a law that is forcing employers in your state to reduce or eliminate health care coverage for your constituents?” *